Saturday, April 27, 2013

A Long Day

It's amazing how much walking around in the heat can wear you out! I spent the day at the Oregon Ag Fest with family, and man am I tired. The twins conked out as soon as we got home and seem to be out for the night. The Ag Fest was great though, and I'm glad we went. Even though it's aimed at children there seems to be tons of information useful to adults and all of the free seedlings that the kids get to plant and take home are definitely a plus!

After getting back I was able to harvest the rest of the leeks that overwintered and try them out in my new dehydrator. I have a feeling this is going to be my new favorite tool and I'll be going dehydrator crazy as new produce starts coming into season. I can't wait to try making jerky though! Yummy!

Tomorrow I plan on spending lots of time planting and doing yard work and will post pictures of my tomato starts. I love this time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment